Well, as you can tell, it's been a long, long time since I've updated this blog. This is primarily because this is a stitching blog and I haven't been doing any stitching to report on. I still haven't done much stitching but I have been knitting. So, I guess this is going to become a stitching and knitting blog.
I have finished a knitting project! I've been working on a knitted afghan for years, too many to even think about! It was a UFO for quite a long time. I'd pull it out, knit until I'd finished a panel and then put it up again. Well, then I became involved in wanting to do the Great American Aran Afghan (GAAA) and I was determined that I couldn't start that until I'd finished the UFO afghan. So, here it is! Finished at last. It's knitted in 5 panels. There is a knit stitch at each end of every row and so when it's sewn together you can hardly tell and it looks like one piece.
I'm really very pleased with the way it turned out. The yarn is just a basic acrylic/dacron that I bought from Target years ago, do they even sell yarn any more!
11 months ago