Thursday, January 29, 2009

GAAA - Ginger Smith square finished!


Here is the 3rd square of the Great American Aran Afghan (GAAA). Finished on Wednesday, January 28th. This is a slightly modified version. The original called for stitching each section in columns then picking up stitches and knitting the next column. I hate picking up stitches and that method didn't appeal to me! So, I decided to stitch all at once and where the stitches were supposed to be picked up and knit together with the next column I did a twist stitch with moss stitch in between. This made this square a very quick stitch, much quicker than doing it the original way I'm sure.

1 comment:

Musing of the Amused said...

It's gorgeous! I am just starting the Ginger Smith square and I am having trouble reading the pattern for the first row after the three ridges, just can't make heads or tails of it. Glad to know it is not a misprint in the book---it is "operator error". Thanks for posting a picture of the completed sqaure!!!