Saturday, March 22, 2014

A finish and some updates

I am finally posting to my blog, which I hadn't forgotten, I just didn't have anything to post about.  This is primarily a stitching blog and when there isn't much stitching going on it's difficult to update.  I have been stitching on an off but haven't had much progress on anything to report.  However, I have finally finished something!!  In looking at the time stamp on my last post it's a year since I've had a finish.

This is Plum Pudding by Glendon Place.  It's stitched in the recommended Dinky Dye silks but I changed out the fabric and used an overdye that I had from Silkweaver in my stash.


I've also done a bit more on Around the World in 80 Stitches by Papillion Creations.  I was rotating this with Plum Pudding.  I'm behind on this, 18 parts have been released.  I did go ahead and work the outlines for several more parts, I think through Part 17.

  

Lastly, I made a start on Old Glory by Rosewood Manor.  This is going to be my "go to, just cross stitch" chart which I will rotate with ATW80.



6 comments:

Marcy said...

Plum Pudding is absolutely stunning! Congrats on such a super finish.

Jennifer M said...

Beautiful piece! Congratulations

bells said...

Plum Pudding is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the Papillion piece as well! Can't wait to see more :)

Nancy in IL said...

Love it all, Maggie! But especially Plum Pudding! I dearly love its combination with the blueish/purple hue toward center. Great combination, and one can't see much of by seeing the pic on the 'Net. Seeing it stitched live captures it. I'm going to love the Rosewood Manor also, and one of these days I may get the courage to start ATW, but I really do prefer her other (CITA), kitted in my stash also, LOL!

Jo said...

Plum Pudding is wonderful, I love the colours. I'm so behind on my ATW now, never thought of sitting and doing the outlines, may give me the incentive to do some so thank you x

Jeanne said...

Amazing work Marguerite! Funny I was just looking at Plum Pudding a day or two online as I was searching on some "Plum Pudding" quilting fabric and it popped up. Love how you did yours - it's really a beauty.