Started thinking yesterday what to stitch next and I've settled on Altengamme by Martina Dey, which has been a long standing UFO, can't call it a WIP! My first progress pictures of this were taken in March of 2005, so that's almost 5 years since I started it. My life got busy and I got sidetracked with other projects, and that's the way it went.
Anyway, I found the project very easily but then I couldn't remember where I'd stashed the chart and threads. After looking in several places I found it and set it up. It takes extra wide rods and my husband made me a frame for my GripIt which accommodates 36" rods. Did I mention this is one LARGE project!
So, after much setting up I finally got down to stitching last night. I do hope I can stick with it this time. It's really a very easy stitch, only two colors, but oh so large! There's also quite a lot of chart errors but being a symmetrical pattern they are fairly easy to spot.
So, here's a picture of my progress and also one of what it will look like finished. Click on the picture for a larger view.
Wish me luck!
6 months ago