Thursday, May 13, 2010

Altengamme is finished!

As I said in my last post, I ripped out the bottom border and redid it.  Didn't take as long as I thought it would and I put the final stitches in this on Tuesday night.  So pleased to have this finished and now I need to get it mounted on foam core so I can have it framed.

Last night I pulled out another long time UFO, Day & Night from Long Dog Samplers.  I was very tempted to start on Quakers and Quilts but decided to give this UFO a try first.

This is what that one will look like and I'll post my progress when I've taken a picture. At the moment I've done the top border and 3 motifs down on the left border, and one on the right. Long way to go!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good news and bad news

Well, I finally finished Altengamme last night, whooo hoooo!  That's the good news.  It's finished BUT I am going to rip out the bottom border and do it again.  I made a one row counting error on the left, fixed it (sort of) and figured I wouldn't notice and it would be OK.  Well, I got all the way over to the right hand side and decided that it does bother me.  No one else would probably care or notice but I decided it would always bug me and so I'm going to rip it out and do over.  It shouldn't take that long to do but it will delay taking a picture of the finished product. 

So, stay tuned......